Sunday, December 25, 2011

Post-Surgery Up-date

Thursday, December 22, 2011
Sitting in Portera's Office
Finally -- December 22nd, we met Dr. Michael Stipanov, our Medical Oncologist, with whom we discussed three different options for treatment of any stray cancer cells which may be remaining in my body after surgery.  Three options were presented through which I would receive the chemo: 1) A surgical port could be installed in the chest area and chemicals inserted once every two weeks;   2) The medicine could be delivered via I.V. injections (if my veins were "good");   or, #3) I could take a pill twice a day every day for six months.  I have decided to go with the procedure in which there will be a "port" surgically inserted into my chest, through which the "chemo-cocktail" will be delivered once every two weeks for the next six months.   This decision was made after much care, prayer and deliberation.

Part of the Consultation Team
"No...See...here is what the Dr. said."
Keeping in mind that the Lord has said, "I'm healing you",  I continue to have every confidence that the Lord is with me each step of the way.  I have had a couple of rough days – but over all I continue to feel really good!

Today - I feel great! I have walked a mile on my treadmill for three of the past five days.  We are looking forward to having two of our children, their children and our children's children together with my Mom with us for a "Christmas Celebration" in our home this afternoon.






4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

God Bless You, Fred, and God Bless the wonderful doctors who will take good care of you. You are in our prayers. I don't know how people go through things like this without Jesus in their lives...

Merry Christmas to you and Frances and the family.. Have a blessed day.
Love from us both,
Betsy (and George)

jack69 said...

Good entry Fred, of course we will continue to offer prayers. Looks like a great consultation team to me. LOL You guys are the best!
Love to all, today is CHRISTMAS, and I hope it ws good for you and the family.
Sherry & Jack

BlueShell said...

I'm so glad! God is Great and does Great miracles!!!
You have faith...just as I had...and God blessed us both.

My husband is feeling good! I'm so grateful...
BShell

Joyful said...

Thank you for the update Fred. I continue to know that God is indeed walking with you and taking care of you every step of the way. Even on that treadmill :-) With the oncologist and that Consultation Team on your side, you have even more help. God bless and keep you and give you a wonderful and MERRY CHRISTMAS full of JOY (one of my favourite words). Penny

About Me

My photo
Cleveland, TN, United States
I am Fred Alton Brannen, the son of Louis A. Brannen (deceased) and Bonnie Jones Brannen, Louis was an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God. Bonnie is an Ordained Licensed Minister and at 89 years of age is still actively engaged in speaking and singing engagements. I am married to the former Frances Hildreth. We celebrated 53 years of marriage this past June and we are the parents of 3, grand-parents of 10, and great-grandparents of 10. I pastored in Tennessee for 24 years and served the Church in some capacity in missions for over 23 years. I retired from full-time ministry in August of 2008 but remain active, speaking and singing and teaching whenever opportunity affords itself. In January of 2010 I received a letter of commendation for having been credentialed as a minister in the Church of God for 50 years! My family is very important to me. Our get togethers are always noisy affairs and most times will include family sing-alongs. The children love their Mom's cooking so we have the privilege of seeing them regularly! WE LOVE having them over.

TheCabin on Day One

TheCabin on Day One
Fred Alton