Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Horseback Riding


From the bluff looking across a valley I zoomed in on a few homes. The haze in the air made it difficult to see everything clearly.


The color in the trees captured my attention as I looked back at two stragglers who were trying to catch up to the rest of us.


Having reached the trail's end at Edwards Pointe, we dis-mounted and tied the horses up while we sat down on the bluff to take in the spectacular view over-looking the Tennessee River near to Moccasin Bend.


The red in the trees caught my eye from the resting point. This is a popular hiking and horseback riding destination.



Looking down the river

This morning I'm very much alive. And it hurts! But oh what fun I had getting this way. ☻ If you saw yesterday's post, you know it was a beautiful day on Signal Mountain. I had a great day out there at the Annual Church of God in Tennessee Minister's Retreat. Our church owns about 80 acres out here which joins the Forest. The retreat started on Tuesday and will be finished today after lunch-time - but we retired men are allowed to go out for any or all of the retreat and enjoy all of the events we can stand! So my long-time and close minister friend Ed and I went out for the day. I regret I did not get any pictures of the pistol competition nor of the skeet shooting contest. I was enjoying the pistol event too much to think "camera". Ha. I did get some very poor video but don't plan to post it. There were golfing events, go-carts to ride, horse-shoes to pitch, musicians playing instruments and great quality and amounts of food to eat!

3 comments:

Favorite One said...

WOW! What a view! I have always LOVED horses! I used to dream of owning 25 horses and 50 acres. Good thing it was just a dream - cause I'd have to take care of all those horses! LOL

So glad you went. It sounds like you had a blast riding horses and being at the retreat.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

jack69 said...

Okay cowboy, sooth them saddle sores. Your next job maybe with the 'Pony Express' when they reopen!!
The pictures are fantastic and I know you had some good fellowship as you rode and looked at God's creation.
Take care, Love you Bro!

George said...

I'm glad the horseback ride took you through such beautiful scenery. I really like the autumn colors that you captured.

About Me

My photo
Cleveland, TN, United States
I am Fred Alton Brannen, the son of Louis A. Brannen (deceased) and Bonnie Jones Brannen, Louis was an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God. Bonnie is an Ordained Licensed Minister and at 89 years of age is still actively engaged in speaking and singing engagements. I am married to the former Frances Hildreth. We celebrated 53 years of marriage this past June and we are the parents of 3, grand-parents of 10, and great-grandparents of 10. I pastored in Tennessee for 24 years and served the Church in some capacity in missions for over 23 years. I retired from full-time ministry in August of 2008 but remain active, speaking and singing and teaching whenever opportunity affords itself. In January of 2010 I received a letter of commendation for having been credentialed as a minister in the Church of God for 50 years! My family is very important to me. Our get togethers are always noisy affairs and most times will include family sing-alongs. The children love their Mom's cooking so we have the privilege of seeing them regularly! WE LOVE having them over.

TheCabin on Day One

TheCabin on Day One
Fred Alton