Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's On It's Way

WoW! I like this - cause Christmas decorations were down and put away in about 20 minutes! It consisted of putting the Christmas Angel in two kitchen trash bags and storing it the cellar; and taking the figurines and storing them in the glass topped table the angel stands on. Well...there was that wreath just outside the door...and the mistletoe ball...and a few other items... but I left them for Frances to deal with. Keep Smiling folks!
These figurines are quickly and easily hidden in a mirror-ed table which we use year round. These and the Christmas Angel are our major decorations these days.

Christmas is past. Here comes 2010 roaring down the track towards us. Oh My!
I'm leaving in just a few minutes to go and purchase food that we will need to feed approximately 30 men at the Cabin on January 1st. No women allowed. We'll have a great time cooking and eating but will also have guitars, fiddle, key-board, accordion, and lots of noisy off-key singing. It's an annual tradition here.
Then I'll need to really dig in my heels as I have promised my two daughters who live near us that each Friday night I'll cook their supper - for them and their spouses and children living at home. In exchange for that they must give me thirty minutes of their time so I can teach them the Bible. I'll be using the outlines written by Alan B. Stringfellow, published by Hensley Publishing Company. These are fantastic outlines - full of Bible knowledge - and designed to be done in 52 weeks. They are the same outlines I've been using at the Tellico Plains Church of God - but I plan to start with Genesis for the children. I started at Tellico the first Sunday of September 2009 and I'm now in Isaiah.
Friend Ed Williams is here to go shopping.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Yeah, glad we too scaled down with the decorations. Even in motor homes a lot of folk carry many decoratins.
Ahhhhhh! shucks, we didn't have mistletoe! But I cheated and got sugar anyway!!
Sounds like a great time at the cabin, and then a good deal for the kids on Friday nights! I know you will make it interesting.
Love you guys and hope all turned out well today.
Love from down in Central Florida.
Sherry & Jack

About Me

My photo
Cleveland, TN, United States
I am Fred Alton Brannen, the son of Louis A. Brannen (deceased) and Bonnie Jones Brannen, Louis was an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God. Bonnie is an Ordained Licensed Minister and at 89 years of age is still actively engaged in speaking and singing engagements. I am married to the former Frances Hildreth. We celebrated 53 years of marriage this past June and we are the parents of 3, grand-parents of 10, and great-grandparents of 10. I pastored in Tennessee for 24 years and served the Church in some capacity in missions for over 23 years. I retired from full-time ministry in August of 2008 but remain active, speaking and singing and teaching whenever opportunity affords itself. In January of 2010 I received a letter of commendation for having been credentialed as a minister in the Church of God for 50 years! My family is very important to me. Our get togethers are always noisy affairs and most times will include family sing-alongs. The children love their Mom's cooking so we have the privilege of seeing them regularly! WE LOVE having them over.

TheCabin on Day One

TheCabin on Day One
Fred Alton