Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Christmas 2009


Twenty (20) of us gathered around the table on Saturday the 20th of December. What fun! What food! What fine conversations were going on as the families expressed their love for God and each other around the tables. How we thank God for Christmas joy.

Two sets of "five generations" were present for our
Christmas party with the Fred Brannen Family... Mom and Me, plus our first-born, Frankie, had her daughter Kimberly and Kimberly's daughter Hailey there. They live here in Cleveland where Frankie teaches 2nd grade (at Yates Primary School).







The second set of "five generations" come through Mom, Me, then Ruthie, our middle daughter (the one with her arm on Dad's shoulder). Ruthie had her daughter Lydia there and Lydia had her son, Julian!







Thank you God for the institution of family. Thank you God for a loving family. Thank you God for sending Jesus to us to give us the opportunity to know salvation through faith in your only begotten Son!

1 comment:

jack69 said...

What a great looking crowd! I know you all have a great time. We have been going over the Blog(s) and also found the 'You Tube BRannens' and are catching up on the videos! The only other one (Other than your mom) that I remember is Lowell.Who looks great by the way. He was a Kid (HA!) and I think had a black VW (Or was that yours), He still has the features I can recognize.
WE are on the net via a card now, we were cell phone attached. The system is slow and I get aggravated singing along with you guys and mine just freezes while it is loading more. LOL.
About as bad as losing my place when YOU interupted me, I wasn't used to amen's! LOL
Love the entry, the blogs, and the videos.
Love from Florida,
Sherry & jack
(There was a chill in the air at Savannah, we came right back LOL)

About Me

My photo
Cleveland, TN, United States
I am Fred Alton Brannen, the son of Louis A. Brannen (deceased) and Bonnie Jones Brannen, Louis was an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God. Bonnie is an Ordained Licensed Minister and at 89 years of age is still actively engaged in speaking and singing engagements. I am married to the former Frances Hildreth. We celebrated 53 years of marriage this past June and we are the parents of 3, grand-parents of 10, and great-grandparents of 10. I pastored in Tennessee for 24 years and served the Church in some capacity in missions for over 23 years. I retired from full-time ministry in August of 2008 but remain active, speaking and singing and teaching whenever opportunity affords itself. In January of 2010 I received a letter of commendation for having been credentialed as a minister in the Church of God for 50 years! My family is very important to me. Our get togethers are always noisy affairs and most times will include family sing-alongs. The children love their Mom's cooking so we have the privilege of seeing them regularly! WE LOVE having them over.

TheCabin on Day One

TheCabin on Day One
Fred Alton