Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Fred Brannen Christmas - 2008


Hailey listening as her Mom (Kimberly Lawrence) was doing the devotions. Don't you think she's cute?


Colby, our Ruthie's grandson, was dressed in a suit and tie because he was going to a church program after the party.

Great-grand-son Julian Atticus Cartwright was being fed by his Dad and Mom, David and Lydia.


Mom was here and held the kids spell-bound with her recitation of a lengthy poem that she has quoted each year for Christmas. It is called "Little Annie and Willie's Prayer." I video taped it and as soon as I can learn how I'll download it for all of you to see.


Kimberly, our grand-daughter who did devotions for us this year, used her "Ge-paw's" Bible. For those who don't know Ge-Paw was my Dad.


"Frankie" and Rick Durham our #1 daughter and her husband came early to help with preparations for the annual Fred Brannen Christmas Party.


Tabitha (our "baby"), her husband Rev. Phil Jaycox, their daughters, Rebecca, Hannah, and Gracie. Rebecca's friend is at the left. This daughter gave her Dad 10 pounds of butter as a Christmas gift. It was so fun - because since she was very little the girls have all noticed that their Dad eats too much butter on his bread, or potato, or pancake, or pop-corn, or whatever. Frances, my faithful wife, was/is so watchful of my health that she would/will caution me about using too much butter. Tabi, being the sensitive child, constantly tried to find a way to make people feel better in such circumstances. So her come-back was, "Dad, I'll buy you ten pounds of butter for Christmas - then you can eat all you want."

I would title this picture "Anticipation"!


This is middle daughter "Ruthie" and her husband Curtis with some of their family. Left to right, Chelsea, Crystal, Chloe (In Daddy's arms), Caitlin (in her Mom's arms), and Colin in his Dad's arms); Back row (l to r) Colby, Ruthie (who identifies herself as the "fayvrite one"), Curtis, Amy, and Terry.








All the kids and grands and great-grands got a hug from their "Memaw" when they came in the door. It was fun - but Memaw was worn out after it was all over.








1 comment:

Favorite One said...

Yes, Miss Hailey is so cute! We all had such a grand time. My grandson did look great all dressed up in his suit. I'm so glad Frankie was able to come early & help! Thanks #1! Tabby (a.k.a. The Pet) - thanks for making dad's dream a reality! And yes, I have been taught to tell myself positive affirmations - therefore, the self proclaimed title of Favorite One should be considered a positive affirmation. And, if you say it enough, you might believe it too. LOL! :-)

About Me

My photo
Cleveland, TN, United States
I am Fred Alton Brannen, the son of Louis A. Brannen (deceased) and Bonnie Jones Brannen, Louis was an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God. Bonnie is an Ordained Licensed Minister and at 89 years of age is still actively engaged in speaking and singing engagements. I am married to the former Frances Hildreth. We celebrated 53 years of marriage this past June and we are the parents of 3, grand-parents of 10, and great-grandparents of 10. I pastored in Tennessee for 24 years and served the Church in some capacity in missions for over 23 years. I retired from full-time ministry in August of 2008 but remain active, speaking and singing and teaching whenever opportunity affords itself. In January of 2010 I received a letter of commendation for having been credentialed as a minister in the Church of God for 50 years! My family is very important to me. Our get togethers are always noisy affairs and most times will include family sing-alongs. The children love their Mom's cooking so we have the privilege of seeing them regularly! WE LOVE having them over.

TheCabin on Day One

TheCabin on Day One
Fred Alton